Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day Two (According to Zak)...

Caroline asked me to post my thoughts on this sugar detox diet.  To be honest, I never read blogs, never think about blogging, and rarely share my feelings, so bear with me.  I also never go on diets either, but when I saw my triple-chin in the mirror the other day, going on a diet didn't sound like such a bad idea.  It's only three weeks-how bad can it be?

But the cold hard truth set in almost immediately.  The past two days have been really, really tough.  Yesterday in particular, the first day of this torture, was AWFUL.  The whole day I felt like curling up in the fetal position and sucking my thumb.  Today was still not great but better than yesterday.  I found myself daydreaming about a huge stack of pancakes at IHOP or a nice 20 piece pack of nuggs from McDonalds.  Sounds pretty good right now actually but I digress..

I have found myself starving hungry every minute of the past two days.  Even after eating.  My usual routine in the morning is to pound an ice cold Mountain Dew and then scarfing down about 10 mini Snickers. Today  I am embarrassed to say I ate carrots.  Then at lunch, when all my friends went to Pam's Farmhouse, I ate a salad.  I almost caved knowing they were crushing some old-school home cooking and I was eating spinach like a rabbit.  

The worst part about this whole deal has to do with what you are allowed to drink.  And no, I'm not talking about booze.  I need a Mountain Dew like a crackhead needs Jesus.  We can drink water, and oh, that's right, water.  We did try this English tea garbage that tasted like the urine of Satan; it was nice to have something different from aqua but I don't think I can take the taste anymore.  

But I think that this diet is slowly working.  Our cravings for Krispy Kreme donuts are slowly going away and my caffeine headache has subsided.  And my pants fit a little looser now than they did even 48 hours ago. So we will trudge on until we complete this adventure.  I am very proud of C-money for sticking with this.  If she quit right now, I probably would too.  I couldn't ask for a better partner.  

3 comments:

  1. Caroline! I have so many things to say about this!
    1- Chris also called his 20 piece nuggets 'nuggs'
    2- I'm SO IMPRESSED y'all are doing this.
    3- Your husband is HILARIOUS.
    4- Chris called me d-money (d is my nickname because of my maiden name)
    5- I'm loving these daily posts!
    6- Can you add propel to your water? It is zero calories and just an enhancer for flavor.

    Keep it up! Good job! -Lindsey T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Sounds like are hubbies have a good bit in common!No propel but keep the suggestions coming! Oh and I did a variation of the ranch dip using the greek yogurt and a homemade ranch seasoning mix (can't use the packets :()

      Delete