Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day One: 21 Day Sugar Detox

Well I would be lying if I told anyone that today was easy. I am STARVING!!! The truth is, Zak and I both are. Just to outline what I ate today:

Breakfast this morning I had two scrambled eggs and almost immediately was hungry because I usually pair my one egg with a small starch like half of a banana. Then by mid morning when I was ready to chew my arm off I started eating baby carrots for an exciting snack! :) (excuse the sarcasm)

Lunch I must admit was the best of all the meals today as I grilled a piece of chicken, ate 1/2 a small avocado, some whole fat cheddar cheese and 1/2 of a green apple. ....followed by more baby carrots (Have I mentioned that I don't really even like carrots).

Dinner on the other hand was another story. I set out to make a yummy roast, but after cooking it for an hour (per my directions) it was dry as a bone. Never the less, Zak and I attempted to eat it along with basically the same sides I had for lunch with the addition of a spoonful of unsalted almond butter which I promptly added salt to.

I also made these Carrot Pumpkin Spice muffins that contained NO sugar and therefore were awful. The brighter side is that Will absolutely LOVED them which made me feel good because they are super healthy!

I know I know, I sound very angry tonight and am hopeful that by this time tomorrow I will be more encouraged and have less of a hunger headache...but for now this is where we are at.

* Oh and Zak did great today- no cheating! I was beyond proud of him!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am following this with much anticipation! I'm SUPER proud of you and rooting for you to stick with it! Does greek yogurt have sugar in it? I'm not a carrot fan myself, but I add a dry ranch packet to a tub of greek yogurt and dip away... make it easier to eat carrots. _Lindsey T.

    ReplyDelete