Tuesday, January 29, 2013

21 Day Sugar Detox

Yikes! I truly cannot believe that Zak and I are actually going to begin an official 21 Day Sugar Detox TOMORROW! I bought this e-book yesterday so we could stock up, read up and ultimately get prepared for Hell week!


Why on God's green earth are we doing this? Well for many reasons, but largely because both Zak and I are ADDICTED to sugar. It seems after every single meal I want to have something sweet regardless of how healthy the meal I just ate was. ...and so after a weekend of eating some majorly delicious Monster Cookies  (compliments of pioneer woman!) it is time to detox.

Will and I trek ourselves to the YMCA EVERY SINGLE DAY and I tracked the calories I am burning which ranges from 500-700 calories per workout, but the scale continues to glare back at me! NOT BUDGING...ok well maybe budging a few pounds up or down, but the truth is that I have been battling this 30 pounds of excess since Will was born. (Thanks Will :) )

So what does this involve? Well, it basically means no sugar (or fake sugar) of ANY kind for 21 days! I seriously don't know if I have every gone 21 days without sugar which is why this is going to be a great challenge. According to the material we can expect to have "flu like" symptoms for the first 3-4 days accompanied by headaches and over all meanness (ok I added that part!)

We begin tomorrow morning so tonight when I get home from small group it's time to finish reading the program guide and then chuck EVERYTHING from the pantry and the fridge. This means fruits, ANY processed foods and of course anything sweet along with my beloved Diet Coke's!

I plan to blog each day (briefly) about the process as well as accountability! The idea that any one who reads the blog will know if I cheat is somewhat sobering. I'll let you know how it goes!

* disclaimer
I have low hopes of Zak sticking with this so I shall cling to Jesus and if Zak stays on the boat great but I have VERY low expectations since he usually lasts between 1-2 days on any given restrictive eating!


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see how this goes for you, Caroline! I've heard people say that you feel amazing when it's all over with. I'm with you... I'm a sugar addict as well. Good luck! :) You can do it!

    ReplyDelete