Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day Two: 21 Day Sugar Detox

Well I have to say, today was not nearly as bad as yesterday! Am I still hungry? Yes! But the headaches are gone and the strong sugar cravings are almost gone. The icing on the cake was when I weighed this morning I was down 2.2 pounds!!! Thankfully that was enough to get me through day two in hopes of a brighter tomorrow!

On the menu today was:

Bacon and avocado for breakfast with 1/4 of my green apple. I know I know sounds disgusting but I set out to make these detox friendly pancakes with that nasty coconut flour and lets just say I spit out the very first bite. That stuff is NOT for the weak of heart! It seems like what eating coconut flavored saw dust would be like.

In between breakfast and lunch I snacked on more carrots! Before lunch we headed to the grocery store to pick up some deli meat to snack on and I got oven roasted turkey and Genoa salami. I must say- I LOVE the salami and have eaten a TON of it today! Really and truly an obnoxious amount.

For lunch I had cheese, salami, carrots and the other 1/4 of my green apple!

After lunch was more carrots of course and a Tbsp of almond butter.

We really splurged with dinner as I made a delicious NY Strip steak that Zak and I split bc it was over a pound. We also had avocado and some steamed broccoli with a homemade cheese sauce that I made with just milk, butter and sharp cheddar.

Then for desert I had the other 1/2 of my granny smith apple! Those apples are worth a million dollars when its the only sweet thing to touch your tongue ALL day!

Overall I am feeling encouraged and hopeful that tomorrow will be smooth sailing and we will be in the groove! But for now, we're just hanging in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment