Sunday, January 20, 2013

A little taste of honesty from a (temporarily) insecure Momma!

For many of you this post will seem like complete non-sense but for me its been real. My chatter box of a little man has been talking up a storm (granted most of it is unintelligible and I haven't the slightest idea what he is saying). He is taking in the world around him and he has a whole lot to say about it. For a long while everything that was furry with four legs was a "Daaaaawwg!" But now he is gradually differentiating the differences as he tells us what the cat says or the cow. He knows how to say Nana (my mother in law), Cee Cee (my mom), Dada (let's be honest ALL DAY LONG) and lastly he knows how to say Momma.

You see the trouble is he chooses not to say Momma and instead has been calling me Dada! Obviously when you are the one who is home all day there are plenty of opportunities to talk about Dada or others but I haven't made it a practice to talk about myself other than to say "Will, you need to listen to Momma" or "Come back over where Momma can see you" but it seems odd to take him to pictures of me throughout the house and practice. Even now, when I pick him up from the YMCA nursery he gets the biggest smile on his face with pure delight, points to me and says "Dada!" I shake my head with disappointment and say "no buddy, it's Mama!

I know it seems ridiculous and mean to be frustrated or hurt with a 15 month old for not calling his Momma by name. However, this week that's exactly how I've felt as he walks around our house saying "CeeCee!" I carried him for 9 months, birthed him and care for his every need 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Is it too much to ask to be called by name???

The truth is, my mischievous little Will knows that I am Momma so for now that will have to do....


2 comments:

  1. I think we have all been there, sweet Caroline! Thats when you just have to tell yourself that God knows and sees all you do for him. And for now, that just has to be enough. I love you!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know all too well about how those little insecurities can creep in! This Mommy business is tough, but you have to know those feelings are lies!! You are are a great Mommy and it is so obvious that Will adores you. We will laugh about these days at their wedding (hint, hint!).

    ReplyDelete