Friday, February 1, 2013

Day Three: 21 Day Sugar Detox

Day three didn't start off so hot. I woke up this morning feeling intensely exhausted. Then in the early morning I felt waves of nausea (and no folks I am NOT pregnant!) which is common in the first few days of the detox. The remainder of the day was followed by more fatigue...

This post will be brief because frankly I have no energy and am ready to go to bed!

Zak and I are both very disheartened by how we are feeling and how sick we are of eating meat, cheese and veggies. To say it gets monotonous is an understatement. This may be my last post on the subject if I don't feel remarkably different in the morning and/or a sizable loss on the scale. 

Today I ate a scrambled egg for breakfast with some lunch meat. Mid morning I had some carrots, cheese and a few more slices of Salami. For lunch I ate a salad with avocado, steak leftover from dinner last night, a few pieces of cut up green apples, cheddar cheese and some oil/vinegar. 

I ate a spoonful of almond butter this afternoon and then for dinner I attempted to make these detox friendly meatballs that were very dry with green beans, carrots and some cheese. 

After dinner I had the other 1/2 of my green apple with a small brie round to dip the apple in.

All in all this detox has proven to be VERY labor intensive with all the food prep and quite costly buying all these ingredients we have never heard of only to be disappointed with the meal.

I am discouraged. Definitely will be spending some time talking to Jesus tonight about pressing on with this whole thing. We may just not have what it takes. 

Here's to hoping we have a huge turn around in the morning! I guess I should have mentioned that I was down another pound today so that was encouraging...

No comments:

Post a Comment