Sunday, October 21, 2012

Will: 12 Months!


Holy Cow! My baby boy is 12 months old! It is so hard to believe my little William Zachary is no longer a baby and now entering toddlerhood! So much life has happened in these past 5 weeks and so much development in my little man!


The Skinny on Will:

Height: 31.25 inches (90% percentile)
Weight: 23 lbs 8 oz (80% percentile)
Head: 46.4 cm (50% percentile)

Eating:
Well folks, we are officially done with formula and I couldn't be more thrilled! (Our bank account couldn't be more thrilled either!) The week leading up to Will's birthday we began the transition to 2% Milk and I was super excited to see that he LOVES it. We have gone back and forth between whole milk and 2% , but for at least the next few months I think we are going to stick to whole milk and then drop down to 2%. Will still gets a bottle before bed and one when he wakes up, but the rest of the day it's just sippy cups. Some time in the next month we'll drop these last two bottles but for now, I'm still enjoying the snuggle time!

Sleeping: With the exception of a few blips here and there (probably growth spurts or teething) Will continues to go down between 7:30pm-7:45pm and wakes up between 7:30am - 8am. I'm not sure why, but lately he has been waking as early as 6:45am and ready to start the day. I am praying this is just a little fluke of two more top teeth coming through because I was enjoying the 8am wake up time. I must say though, I am very very thankful to have such a late sleeper. As for naps, most days Will still takes a morning nap from 10:45am-11:30am and then goes down again from 2:00-4:00pm with some variances mixed in. I think in the next month or so we will be done with the morning nap... I still can't decide if I'm excited about that or not...

Milestones: This has been a huge month for Will developmentally. Each new thing gets me so excited! As for vocabulary, Will is saying momma, dada, nana (my mother in law), nigh nigh (for night night), more, ball, dog (which is his absolute FAVORITE thing to say!), and I have heard bye bye once! He loves to play a little game we call "Hello this is Will" where he holds most any object to his ear as he pretends to talk on the phone. He LOVES the telephone! He also likes to pretend that the spatula is the vacuum cleaner as he pushes it around the living room making the noises of the vacuum. He loves to go get his ball and throw it and is definitely going to be an outside boy. He knows how to hug his stuffed animals and will bring us most anything on command. His grasp of vocabulary and concepts grows each and every day, He loves to read books and turns the pages on his own and has just started bringing us books and sitting in our laps for us to read to him. I just can't wait to see what the next month holds as each one seems better than the last! 



 
I told my good friend Ashlee how I envy the fact that her little girl Caroline will sit so pretty for these monthly photo shoots and smile the prettiest smile when this is pretty much the status quo for photo shoots at our house...not too happy!




 Always on the move and ready to get in to EVERYTHING! Gotta love little boys!

"Excuse me momma, could I please get a little privacy?"

Happy 12 months to the most precious little boy I know! Momma and Daddy love you more than you will ever know!

2 comments: