Saturday, May 19, 2012

The dreaded bathing suit shopping.....

There is nothing in the world that I would rather do LESS than trying on bathing suits! I truly think that it's just a way to punish people.....

But summer is here and I know my little boy is going to LOVE to go swimming so it's now or never! Yesterday I headed over to Dillards to try on some post baby suits and let me just say, it was not pretty! After having a c-section and still quite a bit of weight to lose (although I'm down 5 pounds yey!) nothing seems to fit right. And the one's that did were anywhere from $150-$180 and I just have a hard to swallowing that!

I told Zak last night that the only reason they can charge that much is that the designers know how desperate women are to feel good in a swim suit. Even the beautiful cover ups were $100!!! Yikes!

Then they try to be helpful by grouping women into swim suit categories: Bigger in the bust- check, wider hips- check, tummy control- check, post baby suits- check.... I am still waiting for one to say "All of the Above."

But I think I have found a solution. Last year I purchased what I thought to be a cute swim skirt (see below)


(mine is black from lands end)

So my plan today is to head over to sears and take a look at some of the Lands End tankini tops. These are a few I hope to try on!



 Stay tuned...I'll let you know if any success was had!




2 comments:

  1. All of the above...I love it. I need an "all of the above" suit too. Hope you had some luck! I'll be anxious to see a picture of you in your new suit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Ash- just as soon as the bathing suits I ordered arrive I'll promptly be putting then on and taking some 360 pictures! hahah....let's do it!

      Delete