Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Saturday of Solids....

Ok...so it has taken me as as long to write this post as it did to actually accomplish this project! About a month ago I set out for the farmers market with my mother in law, excited to take on the task of making Will's baby food. And so I bought what I thought to be a reasonable amount of veggies and fruits that I could find in season. Zak and I thought it would be fun to tackle the project the following Saturday morning while Will was taking his nap...how WRONG we were! The project took us 6 HOURS!!!! Note to self- never tackle 18 apples, 13 sweet potatoes, 3 bundles of carrots and a pound of peas in ONE day! Below tracks the WHOLE process!


All the produce...






Steaming the peas
The result of chopping and chopping and chopping...

 
We baked all the potatoes
Let the pureeing begin!

A two year supply of baby food! haha not really...but it did wind up being over two months worth!

and... the DISHES!

Will says THANK YOU as evidenced by how tight his pants are getting!

1 comment:

  1. No need to chop all the carrots. I just peel then and cut them and half. Steam them for awhile then throw in the food processor. Sweet potatoes are my "favorite"to make. Leave them in the oven until the get super soft and the skin will just fall off. I freeze them whole in the skin and then thaw one at a time and mash with a fork. (Titus can eat a whole one, he is a chunker)

    ReplyDelete