Thursday, September 20, 2012

Will: 11 Months


There are so many problems with this post that I don't even know where to begin. For starters, I am 10 days late posting and to finish, these are the WORST pictures I have ever taken. Have I mentioned that I will be thrilled next month when it is that last time I have to take his pictures in a onesie. I mean it was cute at first but now that he's older, he looks more like a little homeless child, particularly because he has completely outgrown the 12 month short sleeved onesies and these 18 month long sleeved onesies are HUGE! hahah It truly is just comical.

None the less, let's get down to business! My sweet, very active little boy is 11 months old!!! In so many ways these past 11 months have flown by and then in other ways it seems like so much life has happened. But for all you mommas out there that are a few months behind us, just know that this is when it gets really fun!

The Skinny on Will:

Height: No Clue but definitely taller
Weight: I would guess 24 pounds give or take
Head: Not sure

Eating: Well life is a changing here in the Shipman household and we have dropped down to 3 bottles a day. One when he wakes up, one before bed and then a late afternoon bottle when he gets up from his nap. He has majorly slowed down on his milk intake which I assume is natural since in one month we will be transitioning completely to whole milk and sippy cups! Will does wonderfully with the sippy cup. He mostly drinks water with the occasional splash of juice to entice him! He eats just about everything but from day to day he can still be finicky.

Sleeping: Will sleeps 12- 12 1/2 hours at night from 7:45-8:00am! Praise Jesus! And then he takes a quick morning nap, usually lasting 45 min- an hour and then a longer 2 hour nap in the afternoon. But recently he has been fighting the naps and talking for up to an hour!!!! Not fun to deal with! That said, I think in the next month he will be ready to drop the morning nap and go to one nap a day which will certainly have it's pros and cons.

Milestones: Will is one very ACTIVE little boy. He is no longer just walking he is RUNNING. This week when I picked him up from the YMCA nursery (which he absolutely loves) they told me he just runs around the room the whole time, falls down and then without crying gets back up and keeps going! It reminds me of how my Daddy use to call me Timex as a little girl- "Takes a licking and keeps on ticking." It seems that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Will continues to be a very happy little boy but has become a lot more clingy in the past few weeks, only wanting mommy. He is very verbal with noises and recently started saying "Uh Oh!" and basically says that and "Dada!" allll day long. Still no waving hi or bye just yet but I'm sure it's coming soon. I have notice a huge amount of comprehension though. I can ask Will to "bring momma the ball or bring momma her shoes" and he promptly goes and gets the item and proudly brings it to me! so sweet!

Other than that, we are staying very busy trying to get ready for Mr. Will's first birthday party! I am so excited I can barely stand it!








No comments:

Post a Comment