Monday, September 3, 2012

Dear Daisy...


Your new family just came to get you and you are on your way to your new home. I feel as though my heart has been ripped out... I still remember the day your Daddy and I went to pick you up from the breeder and you cried in my lap the whole way home. Then you set out to make our home your home by de-landscaping the backyard, pulling up whole trees and bringing them to us very proudly. During your very long-lived chewing phase you chewed a set of kitchen cabinets along with our recently purchased kitchen island along with many other things...

We tried the pet smart puppy training, shock collars and I even paid to have a private trainer come to our house all to no avail. We loved you after you broke Tucker's leg by unintentionally jumping on him.... but even with all that, you were and will always be our Daisy pup. The sweetest lab in the world who loved peanut butter, bones, fetching balls, long walks but most of all... your Daddy. You taught us how to love without condition as you have always loved us. We are truly sorry that we had to say goodbye, but when it came down to it, we had to make sure your baby brother Will was safe and even though you were often rambunctious around him, I know how very much you loved him, and he loved you too.

In a few months when you're all settled in we want to come and visit you and your new family. A family that I might add has 3 other labs who all get a spot on the big beds, a big floppy eared rabbit, a kitty cat and an 8 year old little girl who counted down that hours to when she would be able to call you hers. Never forget how much we have loved you and that you will always be a part of our family.

Daisy pup, I love you with all my heart...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment