Monday, August 13, 2012

Our 4 year Anniversary...

Home Alone on our 4th Anniversary!
My sweet, sweet husband took the reigns this year and made some plans for our anniversary. He booked tickets for us to go see the Broadway show, Chicago at the DPAC in Durham. This, coming from the guy who has never seen The Sound of Music or White Christmas was a BIG deal. We lined up my parents to keep our sweet baby boy for the night and headed out to Durham to see if we could find a neat place to have supper.

After parking and looking around a bit we decided to follow up on a locals recommendation and ate at a restaurant called Pops! It's an Italian restaurant with a warehouse feel and I have to say we had a wonderful time. The Caesar salad I got was seriously the best I've ever had. Our main courses weren't anything to write home about, but none the less, an evening of continuous conversation where I didn't constantly have to get up to steam veggies or cut up fruit for Will was a nice change of pace. ***But lest I go further without saying, it seriously about ripped my heart out to have to leave him over night. It was tough for both of us!

After dinner we headed over to the DPAC, which I had never been to before and it truly is a lovely facility. Within the first 15 minutes of non-stop singing, which I enjoy, I could tell Zak would have rather opted for a root canal. We even saw husbands at the parking deck that were going to the ball park while their wives went to the show-how bad is that?!? Zak was a trooper, but by three quarters of the way through the show we both decided we'd laughed, we'd cried and now we were ready to go! Another side-note: I had NO idea how racy those shows were. The women had next to NO clothing on and the language was filthy. We both came to the conclusion that we are simply not cultured people. We could appreciate the talent and the giftedness of the actors, but 3 hours was a little over our limit. We are simple people. We like to grab pizza on a Friday night or a nice steak or chicken dinner. We are not the froufrou folks that like foie gras and wilted spinach, I hate to say it, but we just aren't.
This is how Zak was feeling at intermission...hahaha
All in all, we had a LOVELY evening and I am so very thankful to be able to spend the next 60 years with my amazing husband and my very best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment