Thursday, August 2, 2012

4 years ago today...

...I married the man of my dreams and my very best friend. Zak, in my humble but accurate opinion makes up the very best parts of our family. He is funny, helpful, strong, handy, handsome, grounded and most importantly, I trust his walk with the Lord. 5 years ago we met at the gym, went on our first date, and then spent every day together thereafter.


I will never forget the day he helped me move in to my new place and everyone had left (and we barely knew each other) he stayed for hours to help me unload all my boxes. I knew then that he was a keeper and within 3 months of dating, I knew he would be the man I would spend the rest of my life with. How blessed I am. These past 4 years have been a wild ride of adjusting to living together (I'm super messy and Zak is OCD clean), getting pregnant and dealing with me pregnant (no easy task!) and then the past year raising our little one and having our life being turned upside down. I can confidently say that the trials and struggles of the life have bonded us more deeply and set the foundations for a lifetime of commitment to one another. Happy anniversary Zak, I love you more today than I did the day we said "I do!"

2 comments:

  1. How did I not know y'all met at the gym?!?!? I need to keep my head up more at the gym...

    ReplyDelete