Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Will: 6 Months old


I am so late, as usual putting this post up! My sweet baby Will turned 6 months old one week ago yesterday. We had our well check up and he did GREAT! This is BY FAR my favorite stage! He is showing so much of his little personality and is developing at a rapid pace!

The Skinny on Mr. Will:Age: 6 months
Weight: 17 pounds and 14.5 ounces (55%)
Height: 27.5 inches (85% ...seriously? what is going on here?!?)
Head: 43.5cm (55%)



Eating: My little peanut is LOVING real food and consuming quite an obnoxious amount. He eats breakfast, lunch and dinner which generally consists of a fruit and a vegetable and oatmeal. We planning to hold off on the meats and dairy for a while. He sometimes eats 3 stage 2 containers of food! He is less interested in his Milk, but still takes between 5-7 oz 5 times per day. We are working on dropping his dream feed and have it moved all the way back to 9:30pm. I would say in the next 2 weeks we will have completely eliminated that feeding! Yey! I can't wait. We started the little monkey on his very first sippy cup with water and he LOVES it. He still hasn't quite figured out that he has to tilt it back for anything to come out, so for now I am assisting.

Sleeping: Right at the 6 month mark we had some SERIOUS sleep regression where Will started waking up at midnight and was awake off and on for the rest of the night- a true nightmare. But once I realized he simply no longer wanted his feet confined in the sack, he has been sleeping from 7:30pm- 7am like a champ! He continues to take two 1.5 hour naps and we have eliminated the catnap between 3-7pm which seems to be working out better! This is the hugest area of encouragement to us in our home!

Will loves Tuck, Tucker is not the biggest fan of Will :)


Milestones:
Will is literally ANY DAY from crawling. He is up on all fours rocking back and forth and often he even starts crying because he gets so frustrated. He has started scooching across the room though which is super exciting. I must say, he looks far more like a little boy to me than a baby which breaks my heart! He loves loves loves people and lights up every time we go visit the grandparents or when we get to the church nursery. Every Sunday when I pick him up after the service they tell me that he is the easiest baby. I'm just glad he saves his bad behavior for at home and not while we are out. He has been consistently sitting on his own for a good while now and seems to enjoy his new view. He definitely has started crying when I leave the room and lights up every time Daddy comes home! There is no shortage of talking out of the little guy and we hear lots of gagagag and dadadada...I myself am just waiting for the momomom!



1 comment: