Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Curse of the Formula....

I know that many of my friends who have breastfed their babies have often said how nice they think it would be to know just how many ounces their little guys were getting at each feed! Well let me assure you, ignorance is bliss! As a result of being bottle fed, I know just how many ounces Will receives at each feed, and I must say, it is incredibly stressful to know that a full feed is between 6-7 ounces when my little guy recently seems to lose interest at 4 or 5! I know as his momma that that is NOT a full feed. On top of that, Will still gets so distracted eating that unless we feed him his bottle in the dark, with the lights off, he will ONLY eat 3 ounces and then stop. for good. 

I might not care so much if he had consistently been a wonderful sleeper or if we hadn't just dropped his 5th feeding of the day. I find myself stressing over it all day and wondering if as a result it will be a terrible night. I must say though, Will has rarely EVER woken in the night due to hunger so I recognize that I really just need to CHILL OUT and let my little man regulate himself.

ahhh motherhood... the never ending game of trial and error....with a moving target...

Most days I think I'd just choose ignorance.  But for now, we'll just take it one day at a time and pray that I don't get an ulcer!

No comments:

Post a Comment