Friday, March 16, 2012

Will: 5 Months Old...

Five months by far marks my favorite season of life with my little man! So much is changing and he is growing like a weed! He is drooling like CRAZY!!! But let's be honest, he's been drooling like crazy for the past 2 months! I am sooo ready to see a tooth come through so it will seem like we are making some progress!
Because we don't have an appointment this month, I don't have any updated stats on his weight, height, head etc. So I'll just cover the updates...
Eating: Will has been eating like a champ! He LOVES his solids. Not such a huge fan of his oatmeal, but he loves the veggies we've tried thus far with the exception of Green Beans. We decided to try green beans first because I REALLY want him to be a good eater and not the kid who only eats chicken nuggets and pizza...I can just tell you right now, that's just not going to fly in our household! So we started with the green beans first and he did not seem to appreciate his momma shoving this bland tasting green goup in his mouth. ...But it came as no surprise to me that once we moved on to squash, and sweet potatoes and sweet carrots he was in HEAVEN. He opens that mouth so wide he could fit the whole jar!

Unfortunately, squash was the second veggie we tried, and while he loved it- he had a bright red rash on his cheeks and chin each time we tried it. I called the pediatrician and she said to stop giving him the squash, move on to something else and we'll re-introduce when he's a little older. I was a little bummed to see him have an adverse reaction to anything to tell you the truth but we just took it in stride and moved on.
More on solid foods another time. As for his milk- he is continuing to take between 6-7 ounces at each feeding and eating every 4 hours.


Sleeping: We had a week from heaven just 2 weeks ago where he slept soundly EVERY night! Unfortunately, it was short lived and he is still waking up between 3 and 4am either talking up a storm or stuck on his tummy wanting to be turned back over... I must confess, this is the one area where I feel like we've tried it all. I think we have just resolved that for now, it is what it is. I am just thankful that as soon as we put his paci back in, it's lights out til 7:15am! SO I know many friends who have it much much worse, so we won't complain. Zak and I still take turns being "on duty" for the middle of the night but we are praying that VERY soon that wont be necessary and we can actually see each other past 8:30pm!

What Mr. Will has been up to... Will is becoming more and more mobile and I can tell developmentally this has been a huge past couple of weeks for him. He just started sitting up on his own and seems to love that! He continues to grab his feet and roll himself all over the place. When he gets on his tummy he pushes all the way up and kicks his legs like he's ready to take off crawling.

The most exciting update on the mommy front is that just this week he reached for me for the first time!... and it melted my heart! Thankfully, we haven't hit any separation anxiety but he certainly loves his momma and daddy and knows when we enter or leave a room. He hates to be left in the room by himself and continues to LOVE LOVE LOVE his exersaucer (Thanks CeeCee and Pop)! He has started talking to Tuck (our cat) and squeals with great delight when he gets to touch him...well more like tries pulling his ears off. He still stares at Daisy (our black lab) in amazement as she runs around the living room like a bat out of hades. I know one day very soon Daisy will be Will's best buddy!

hmm...trying to think if there is anything else... nope- I think that just about covers it! We are just staying busy in the Shipman household and trying to enjoy every moment!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray Will! Like Candy says they are more and more fun every day- I didn't used to believe her but its true!

    ReplyDelete