Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Providential Week

Things have been quite tight for our family over the past few months...well really since I quit working back in October. We've drastically adjusted our budget, but even still, life has a way of throwing some curve balls. And when it rains, it pours. Over the past 6 months we have had more "you've got to be kidding me" expenses than we could ever have imagined! Everything from finding out that Zak's Truck had an unknown salvaged title and couldn't be sold, to unforeseen medical bills that just kept coming.

This week our dog Daisy started acting funny. She had diarrhea in her crate one night and then the few days that followed she was just not acting herself. We knew we had to take her in, but were dreading the bill. I made the appointment, and met Zak at the vet so he could take her in. For whatever reason, I decided to stay.

When we got in the room, I immediately recognized the vet tech as a sweet girl I went to high school with. Sheepishly, I took the plunge before the vet came in the room and said, "Erica, here's the deal. We know we are going to get a hard time for not having her annual done and getting her up-to-date on all her vaccinations, but the bottom line is, we just can't afford it!" She said she totally understood and would let the vet know.  We were praying Daisy wasn't going to need x-rays done or anything extreme. Moments later, she came back in the room and with a big smile on her face she let us know that Dr. Betsy was not going to charge us for our visit!  She was still going to still give Daisy her full annual and all her vaccinations and write it off as community service! We were blown away.... We walked out of there with several medications in hand and paid $30 to get are sweet Daisy pup all fixed up. (If daisy would stop eating full logs out of our backyard, we wouldn't find ourselves in these predicaments)

We sat in the car in amazement of just how abundantly the Lord had provided!

And then...
last night my parents came over to watch Will while we went out to Ruth's Christ for a date night using a gift card my dad had given us. When we arrived, we were both in shock at how expensive everything was! We quickly realized that even by sharing a salad, ordering the two cheapest steaks on the menu and sharing a side of potatoes it was still going to be at least $120 for dinner!!! While we were excited to be there, I was having a hard time enjoying myself knowing how much it was going to cost.

 And then... the Lord intervened...

When our steaks arrived mine was still completely rare. I kindly asked the waiter if they could cook it a little longer. To condense the story, they took my steak off the bill for our trouble and even brought out an additional side. (excellent customer service by the way!) When the bill came, the total was $61...the exact amount of our gift card. I was almost moved to tears by how intimately the Lord had provided. 

The more I walk with Jesus, the more vividly I see how His hand is on ALL things!

No comments:

Post a Comment