Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Time to get in SHAPE!

Well... the reality is sinking in that these extra pregnancy pounds aren't going ANYWHERE until I get my rear into gear. So...I signed myself up for Stroller Strides of Raleigh's 5k training program!
The training started last week at Crabtree creek on Saturday morning and let me just say...I am the SLOWEST one out there. Aside from feeling like a 50 year old chain smoker I must say I was pretty proud of myself for completing the run. But let's be clear on what I mean by "run." We are doing run/walk interval training so we can build up to running longer, walking less and supposedly increasing in speed. Last week was 2 min run/ 3 min walk. Those were the longest 2 minutes of my life! After my earth shattering performance on Saturday we can only go up from here.
We do one group run a week and you are suppose to do 2 additional runs independently. I for one though will be running more like every day as I refused to be the slowest person out there next Saturday huffing and puffing.
So cheers to saying goodbye to all this blubber and hopefully getting into shape!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, do I feel you. My girls are worth every pound, but I want my body back. Pretty sad that my college body is my new goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray Caroline! You are an inspiration! Hope its going great!

    ReplyDelete