Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Best Husband Ever

....where do I begin. Most of our friends and family know the challenges that have presented themselves in the past 4 months, but in the midst of it all, the greatest blessing has been my amazing husband, Zak. I know so many women think they have awesome husbands (and I KNOW they Do!) but I am confident I have the BEST!



Due to some extenuating circumstances early on, I had to throw in the towel with the breast feeding. And even though I was disappointed as it was not at all what I had planned, it has really opened the door for Zak and I to be a team when dealing with the nights! (necessary because Mr. Will has not been the best of sleepers). After about 6 weeks of what seemed like insanity, Zak and I devised a plan. I would take the middle of the night Sunday-Wednesday and he would take Thurs-Sat. Whoever was off duty would take the last feeding at 10:30 and whoever was on duty would go to bed around 8:30! This seemed to work well for us with me taking 90% of the workweek nights and Zak taking the weekends. It has made life seem bearable- when it's been two or three bad nights I know that relief is on the way! I know most husbands wouldn't dream of being on duty 3 nights a week but I am so thankful to the Lord to have Zak. A man who truly grasps taking up his cross and laying his life down for his family. He is an amazing Dad and an even better husband!

These past two nights have been rough. Will has been teething and was up most of the night. Needless to say, Zak is exhausted but continues to press on! So as I sit here waiting to do the last feeding of the night I am reminded how blessed I am that 4 years ago this month I said "yes!" to marrying the most wonderful husband in the world...

praying for a good night for my two sweet boys...

1 comment: