Monday, January 16, 2012

Sleep Training- Night One, Day One

Well...I have successfully survived the first 24 hours of sleep training. We decided the best course of action for our little guy was the progressive waiting approach, but we modified it in that we still give him his paci.

Night One: Will went right to sleep at 7:30 after his bottle and bath. We did the dreamfeed at 10:30 and then right back to sleep. He woke up at 3:55am stuck up at the top of his crib. We swaddle him in what I call the straight jacket and he has started to almost be able to roll from his back to his tummy. In attempting to do this he lately has been getting stuck at the top of the crib. I went in after 3 min, then 5, then 7 and he cried ...well more like screamed for a good 30 minutes but then put himself back to sleep. He woke up again at 6am at which point I went ahead and fed him and then put him right back to bed until it was time for him to get up at 7am.

Day One: Well... today started off rough. I put him down for his first morning nap at 8:15am and he slept for a good 50 minutes! But then... the crying began. He cried for the remainder of his nap so for about an hour and was having no part of going back to sleep. I went in at the predetermined intervals but he was having none of it. However, the second nap of the day was a HUGE success. He slept for the first 45 minutes and then only cried for a total of 8 minutes before putting himself back to sleep. The afternoon nap didn't go so hot as he cried for a good 45 minutes, stopped for 10 and then it was time for him to eat. But the last nap of the day from 5:30-6:45 he put himself back to sleep after 5-7 minute of crying.

Soo.... PROGRESS is definitely being made! I have doubted myself all day and wondered if I could make it any longer and then the Lord brought relief by allowing my sweet little man to have the first 2 successful naps EVER!!! Praise Jesus!

I'm geared up for another challenging night as I have been up since 4am and praying that all these efforts will begin to pay off. This is truly one for the hardest things I've ever done!

I'm off to bed early to get a jump start on what may be a rough night #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment