Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sleep Training- Day Three Perfection, Day Four Regression

Day Three:
Well... The third day of working on naps went off without a hitch! Will woke up stuck, yet again at the top of the crib at 5:20 but then fell back asleep til 6:30am, which was success enough for me. So we ate some milk and started the day. All four naps were perfection, not even so much as a peep was heard from little William! I was sooo proud of him! He did fantastic and he was in great spirits!


( gotta love the bags under my eyes and the shell shocked look on my little man's face )


Day Four:
After yesterday, I was absolutely convinced that we had completely mastered the naps and were in our new stride....and then the regression hit! And it came with a vengeance! The ugly backlash of one last attempt to get things back to the way they were. Will SCREAMED all day long. He literally took only 45 minute naps and then screamed bloody murder for the remainder of the naps. It was as if all that hard work went right out the window! ahhh!!!

After doing some research on this, I found that this is text book for what happens in the first week of sleep training. The baby makes one last attempt to assert their will before giving in for good. I pray for the Shipman household that the regression only lasts one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment