Friday, November 14, 2014

Will's 3rd Birthday Party

My sweet sweet Will. I have to start with a smile on my face and say this will NOT go down in the books as my favorite birthday party memory with you. But you are only 3 and I am still learning you each and every day. The back story is that you have for as long as I can remember been very interested in fire trucks/stations etc. so when I called and found out that our local fire station would let us come for your birthday and tour the station and climb all over the trucks and run around I knew that would be a hit. You told EVERYONE that you were having your birthday party at the fire station and could. not. wait! We invited a good number of your little buddies and your mamma and daddy worked like dogs getting ready for this party. Primarily because no food or cake could be served at the station so everyone was coming back to our house for the party. Minor dilemma was that your daddy FINALLY began building our new deck one month from your birthday and it came as no suprise that every night two weeks leading up to the actual day he was out there finishing that deck. Two days out and it was finally finished (I'll post pictures of that soon!) 

The morning of we scrambled around to pick up and prepare last minute food while attempting to finalize decorations. But wouldn't you know it after all that, in mid October it was still 900degrees outside....
Here you are at the fire station clinging to daddy as you were feeling a bit shy...
Apparently our bud Jack was feeling the same way :)
Sweet Zeke was ready to roll with his super cute fire truck t-shirt!
...and best friend Gerry was hamming it up with his cute face!



The fire man gave a rather serious tour probably for the adults benefit (though he never turned any of the lights on) but the kids were more interested in the cool fish tank in the living room/kitchen area of the station.
My sweet nieces Ellie and Lucy! 
...and FINALLY what he was waiting for... a chance to drive the massive fire truck.


...and I love it, the seats were Pierce brand! How fitting!
All was fun and games until we broke it to Will that there were about 10 other kids who would also like a chance behind the steering wheel. That is when the party took a turn. At least for Will.


Look at this handsome handsome Jack! or Jackaroo as I call him! 





Cee Cee with Fire Chief Pierce! 



It really and truly is not worth capturing any of this "printable party" that I had the grand idea of doing the week of because all the decorations were outside and it was so dang hot we moved the whole thing inside in a rush when everyone arrived. Not to mention I didn't even have time to finish putting everything out. Next year, we are ordering pizza :).









...right before his nap that afternoon I asked Will if he had fun at his fire station birthday party and he said, "No mamma, I did not!" "I did not want my friends to come I wanted it to be just me"... and there ya have it- Mr. Congeniality. The reality is he didn't want to share. Not time on the fire truck, not his new toys or old toys for that matter and he was VERY stressed over the whole thing. Lord help me, this is new territory for me as a mom. I was the kid who wanted everyone at my birthday party and LOVED people but Will apparently is just like his daddy was at this age, a little bashful! 3 is welcoming in some very new challenges so hopefully it will pass quickly...  But even if you are always a little bit shy I will still love every single thing about you, because the truth is you are more than that! You are funny, kind, smart, thoughtful, a GREAT big brother and a very blessed child of God and I love you as I tell you every night "to the moon and back!" Happy 3rd Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment