Sunday, March 24, 2013

...and then there was Ellie!


Ellie Anne Stokes, 7lbs 11oz

Yesterday morning, I woke up to Will and Zak overhead with Zak saying "I've got some news." I shot out of bed and said "No! I missed it?" and he said, "well I thought I would let you sleep in since its been a rough few nights with Will" (because of his painful double ear infection). I couldn't be too mad, because the night before I had left my phone downstairs thinking we had all the time in the world. But no sir ree, Ellie had arrived.

I quickly took a shower and headed to the hospital to meet my beautiful new niece  Ellie Anne Stokes! Ellie was born without the need for a C-section. Kelley and I both had had prior C-section that we felt could have been avoided and both wanted to try with our seconds for successful VBAC's! (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean  As soon as I got there I found out that Kelley had arrived at the hospital 9.5 cm dilated and ready to push. They actually thought she was going to deliver in the car!!! Yikes! The whole process only took 2 1/2 hours and she was out! No time for epidurals or pain meds. They injected morphine in her leg and within minutes Ellie had arrived. As silly as it sounds not only was my whole family praying that Kelley would be able to have a VBAC but so was our small group and my parents small group as well! It meant so much to Kelley so we were all thrilled!


Miss Lucy finally got to meet her baby sister yesterday afternoon after her nap. She was a little unsure about seeing Mommy in a hospital bed holding another child! Totally understandable!


We couldn't be any happier that you have arrived Miss Ellie, welcome to the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment