Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Baking for the Holidays!


A couple weeks ago it was our turn to bring the desert for our Tuesday night small group (which we absolutely LOVE) and so I decided to pull out my recipe for Symphony Bar Brownies for two reasons. One, because they are super easy and two, because they are amazing in my humble but accurate opinion! I will never forget the first time I made these. My first boss, Betsy Ramsey gave me this recipe to take to meet Zak's entire extended family for a 4th of July cookout and they were a big hit!


Symphony Bar Brownies
Ingredients:
1 box Duncan Hines Double Fudge Brownie Mix
1 large egg
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
1 tsp pure vanilla extract (I add this to all my brownies just to enhance the taste)
2 large Hershey's symphony chocolate bars

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees for glass or metal pans, 325 degrees for dark or non-stick. GREASE the bottom of the pan with cooking spray.

Next, mix the brownie mix, egg, water, oil and contents of fudge packet in large bowl. Stir until well blended. Spread 1/2 of mixture into greased pan.  Then take both symphony bars and break them up, evenly dispersing them on top of mixture. Finally, spread remaining batter over top of symphony bars.

Bake brownies according to box instructions based on size and type of pan you use. I usually cook 5 minutes less than the suggested time to ensure they are not overcooked. (Don't try the toothpick trick because with the candy bar, it will be gooey no matter how down the brownies are).

Allow brownies time to completely cool and then use a plastic knife to cut. (just an inside mom trick to not have batter stick to knife!)

I am confident these will be as big of a hit with your family as they are with mine! Maybe even give them a shot for Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment