Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Happy 1st Birthday my SWEET SWEET Pierce!

I am tearful and filled with joy all at the same time as I sit down to write this final blog post of the first year of your precious little life sweet Pierce. 

You son, continue to steal my heart. You are first and foremost the happiest most contented little baby I have ever met. Your joy fills up a room and even when you are getting in to every thing under the sun and I come down on you with a firm "Pierce!" you turn and smile at me with that knowing smile and toddle back over as you hug my leg and "give me love" as we like to say here in the Shipman house. You genuinely just love people. I can see even as a baby how the Lord has knit that deeply inside of you. I had been waiting to get this post up until I had your 1 year well check with all your stats. At the appointment you walked right over to the doctor, held your arms up and said "mamma" (which is now what you call everyone). Our favorite doctor quickly melted as she lifted you into her arms. You immediately went limp as she snuggled you, you seriously almost went to sleep on her as she rubbed your sweet little head and for about 10 awkward minutes she did absolutely nothing medical and simply soaked in your love. My heart melted. 

 

Weight: 23lbs 1.5 oz (81%) ....no surprise there!
Height: 29.75 in (46%)
Head: 46.3 cm (57%)

Sleep: You continue to sleep 12+ hours at night and unless you are sick we don’t hear a peep out of you. You seem to be on the cusp of transitioning from two naps to one long afternoon nap, but for now still take an hour nap in the morning from 10-11 and then a long afternoon nap from 1:30-4pm.

Eating: You really love it all (with the exception of birthday cake, but more on that later!)I call you our little disposal because you eat your food and then whatever Will doesn’t eat! You are fully adjusted to whole milk and we will begin to work on cutting out the bottles to just sippy cups. But for now you still take 3-4 bottles a day. You hate the milk cold so until you adjust I will continue to heat it up for your sweet self.


Milestones: You are running, running, running and babbling up a storm with new words added each day. You currently say, "Mamma, Dada, Ball, Dog, Ma (more) and Bye Bye". You wave to absolutely everyone. You love books and will sit through any/all the long books we read to Will. Your latest cute thing is that you toddle over to me or Zak bringing a book and immediately turn around and plop down, as if to say “Will you please read me this book!” It seriously happens 100 times a day and I absolutely love it. You continue to be our little dancing king as you love to hear music . You  have your top four middle teeth, bottom middle two and our currently cutting another on the bottom. You and Will are complete buddies and you imitate everything he does. You also seem to have a mischievous streak (just like your mamma) as you go for the one thing you know Will will care that you take and you take off running with it squealing with delight and it just makes me laugh.

 

                 You love to try to brush your own hair and attempt to brush mine.

You point at absolutely everything and talk and talk and talk! 

 

                   I love this hilarious face you make all the time with your little lips.


Pierce, I've said it once and I'll say it again, if they were all like you I could have 10 kids! We love you to the moon and back and you have completed our family this past year in ways we never knew we had been missing. I can't wait to watch you grow into the little man the Lord has designed you to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment