Sunday, January 18, 2015

Happy 10 months baby Pierce!

Well... if you asked me how I would characterize this past month of life with you sweet Pierce, I would have to say challenging. You have been sick, sick, sick. You got sick Christmas Eve with a 104.6 fever followed by a cold  and now sick again. You have had an awful cold for the last 2 weeks that spiked into a fever last Sunday of 104 again. All to say posting your 10 months update has been low priority right now because snotty noses, coughing and crying aren't really the memories I was going for when documenting the first year of your life. But it certainly would have been a truer picture. You are still growing great and have been ear infection free for several months now but man are you busy. You are on the cusp of walking and with that you seem frustrated. You absolutely do not want to be contained or held and absolutely have a gift for finding the thing in the room that could cause immediate pain to your little body. You love cords, computers, remotes, eating paper that you have just found and of course whatever your big brother is playing with. I daily barricade you into the living room to maintain some sanity and you fly across the room to the gate and just lean over crying because I am in the kitchen and you WANT IN! All to say, I am exhausted and ready to move on to a new stage of your sweet life. 

Eating: Because of the bad cold you currently have you have been hit or miss with the solids. You still take about 5-6 oz in your bottles every 4 hours. You absolutely LOVE feeding yourself and try to knock the spoon away if we try to feed you. I basically give you whatever we are eating and you are super laid back about it. You have however started slinging food off your high chair and smashing it with your hand which is certainly a joy and opportunity for some early disciplining. Will's job in the afternoon is to take the hand held vacuum and clean up all your mess! He loves it and I appreciate it. Your favorite food currently is Tomatoes. You absolutely love them!

Sleeping: Honestly, you have always been a great sleeper with the exception of when you are sick. Your cough has been waking you up throughout the night, but in a well season you sleep like a champ so I cant complain. When I asked the pediatrician earlier this week why you kept getting sick she said preschool (all the germs Will is bringing home) combined with being mobile in the winter months. I am hopeful you are just building that immune system with each virus and will be a healthy little toddler here in a few months. Naps have been cut back to 1 hour in the morning and 1.5-2 hours in the afternoon because when I would let you take a long morning nap you seemed to want no part of the afternoon nap and that was just not going to work. I imagine you will be ready to drop that nap all together by 1 year.
 


Personality: You are the happiest little guy and continue to love everyone and everyone we meet LOVES you! You even reach for strangers to hold you! My sweet friendly baby boy. You are persistent and determined. All traits that I love in you. You wave to everyone but still no recognizable word just lots of baby talk and mimicking. Largely my fault as I always have you plugged up with your paci because otherwise you try to eat/chew everything (Like Will's shoes!). I am going to work on trying to leave it out this month so we can encourage talking more as you are not a loud little guy at all, but then again neither was your big brother. Oh, and I almost forgot you LOVE to dance. Anytime music comes on you just start dancing it absolutely melts my heart. I simply must get a video. You also calm right down anytime I sing to you. Such sweet memories.

You have 4 top teeth and two bottom teeth and seem to be in the never ending teething stage. It will be two more months before I know all your stats but I do know that as of Monday you weighed 21 lbs 10 oz which is honestly not much more than last month. 

I love you beyond words and even though you are in what I call a challenging stage you are still the perfect baby brother and we ALL love you more than you could possibly ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment