Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A Letter from Mamma to Will on your 3rd Birthday!


My sweet precious Will,
This past weekend we celebrated your third birthday and over the course of the weekend several tears were shed (by me of course!).  When did you get so big?!? These past three years have flown by. Your daddy and I are so very proud of the little man you are becoming. You are funny, smart, kind, handsome, bashful, stubborn, talkative (in your comfort zone), wild and yet still such a snuggler. I always call you my little rascal because you are just that a rascal!  

You have changed so much in the last 6 months. We said goodbye to all your paci's 6 months ago, Potty trained before your baby brother arrived...then regressed and are now back to being fully potty trained. You are no longer my awesome sleeper... you have such a hard time slowing down your mind and finally falling asleep (just like your mamma) and naps continue to be hit or miss, though your 2 hours of quiet time in your room is not optional. You LOVE your Thomas trains and play in your room for hours as you pretend to be Thomas or Percy. You love to help me cook dinner and for the most part are relatively obedient. You are a GREAT little soccer player and love kicking your new soccer ball. Your favorite shows are Daniel Tiger's neighborhood and Thomas and friends. You absolutely love going to preschool at Colonial on Tuesdays and Thursdays and love your Jesus songs (Psalty Kids Praise) that we check out from the library.

The greatest change I have seen in you though is your new love for your baby brother Pierce. You love to climb into his bed and snuggle and tickle him and if we would let you, you love bouncing him around in the crib as you act like it is a trampoline. If Pierce is not with us or you simply can't see him you are very concerned. And HE lights up when you walk into the room. He is your biggest fan and you have begun to delight in that. You have made a major transition from loving me the most to preferring your Daddy strongly! At first I was hurt, but now it makes my heart glad as I see your desire to be just like Daddy. This past month you have spent every waking hour outside helping your daddy build our new deck with your tool box in hand ready to "help.". Your sweet spirit was completely devastated when you woke up last Thursday morning to find that it was all finished. Precious hours of father/son time me and your daddy will always remember.

Humorous to your Daddy but not so humorous to me is that since preschool began a month ago you have started to stutter ALL.THE. TIME. I cringe each time you struggle to get out your question to me but the doctor laughed when I asked about it at your appointment and said that it's called the 3 year stutter. She explained that it is caused by the rapid brain development. Basically your brain is processing faster than your mouth can spit it out. She assured me by 4 it would be gone!

Your favorite little buddies continue to be little Gerry, your cousin Lucy and sweet little Jack Barnhill. I can't wait to watch those friendships grow. Your daddy and I pray each day that you would grow to be a man who Loves Jesus more than anything, a man who has the gospel written on his heart and a man who would fiercely love people, considering others more important than yourself.

Will, I could not possibly love you any more and I can't wait to reflect back a year from now to see how much more you have grown!  Happy Birthday my sweet first born!

No comments:

Post a Comment