Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pierce: 2 Months Old!


It amazes me at this point how much changes in 4 short weeks! Pierce has plumped up, is sleeping so much better and his reflux is finally under control!

We had his 2 month check up yesterday and he is doing great!

Weight: 11 lbs, 13.5 oz (37th percentile)
Height: 23 in. (48th percentile....up from 16% at his last appointment which must have been a fluke because it didn't fit with his other numbers!)
Head: 39.5 (61st percentile)

Eating: Pierce still eats 4 oz every 3 hours during the day and we continue to follow the Eat, Wake, Sleep pattern of Parent Directed Feeding (PDF). I have truly found that for my boys, it has made them less fussy and more predictable! I feed him at 7:30am, 10:30am, 1:15 pm, 4:30, 7:30 then down for bed. Just as we did for Will, I do a Dreamfeed at 10:30pm while he is sleeping to tied him over longer at night. He has continued to stretch at night and has been doing a 6 hour stretch in the middle of the night, so we are down to one middle of the night feed around 4:30am.

Sleeping: We have made major strides here. For a good part of this past month we struggled and struggled with the 45 minute naps where Pierce was unable to resettle and go back to sleep. Lots and lots of crying and generally overtired during the day as a result. Finally, I decided that I needed to give him a chance to resettle on his own before intervening with a paci or moving him to the swing. I set the timer for 10 minutes for both going down for a nap as well as if he wakes early before I go in.... and what do you know, the child goes back to sleep! YAY!!! This has made all the difference in the world to my day. He now is awake for about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes and then naps the remainder of the 3 hour cycle (so 1hr and 45 min-2 hours of a nap each time.) At night he goes to bed at 8pm and I usually don't hear anything out of him until 4:30 with the 10:30 dreamfeed in the middle. I am super hopeful that in the next few weeks he will be sleeping a full night til 7am or 7:30am. Our ped said they really need to be 12 pounds to sustain their tummies a full night... so we shall see!

Milestones: As I mentioned in an earlier post, Pierce has been rolling over since 7 weeks and rarely allows himself to spend much time on his belly before making his way to his back. He is tracking faces and toys like a champ (even though I was a bit worried about not tracking toys...more on that in a latter post). He has started "talking" baby talk and cooing and laughing. He LOVES to watch Will and I must say, his favorite face to see at the moment is Mama. He is constantly looking for me which melts my heart. I call Pierce my squishy baby because he is much fatter than Will ever was. I always said that I wanted to have "chunks" and he is turning out to be just that...and I LOVE it! Pierce truly is the happiest baby! We love you so much baby boy!


We are all doing GREAT and I absolutely LOVE being the Momma of boys! Sure the clothes aren't as cute but there is just something about a Momma and her sons that can't fully be described in words. I do hope we have the chance to parent a daughter as well one day, but for now I'll take my house of 5 boys (counting Charlie and Hank of course! :) )



I could just eat him up! This face gets kisses ALL DAY LONG!

No comments:

Post a Comment